After spending several days on a college campus during registration, I can offer the following invaluable advice for Fall 2010 course selection:
1. No classes that meet before 11:40 am
2. No classes that meet after 5:40 pm
3. Friday classes? Forget it!
4. Try to find seminars that meet just once a week and require only two quizzes and an in-class power point presentation, even if the subject is of no interest to you.
5. Check the on-line catalog for courses that sound exactly like what you have already studied in high school, assuming you have held onto your old essays and papers.
6. Three times a week? Lab or discussion session? No way!
7. Enroll in intriguing classes with Fullbright professors that require two 15-page papers? Not a chance!
8. Interested in Hip Hop Globalization, Entrepreneurship or Abnormal Sexual Behavior? Don't even bother checking – those classes are full.