What to pack:
1. A TOOL KIT to keep your husband occupied and out of your hair. And make sure you pick something up at Target that will take a lot of time to put together. (This is akin to packing Legos for your toddler.)
2. Even if it's 90 degrees plus outside, don't forget a PASHMINA, a CARTIGAN and a FLEECE JACKET to wear indoors. Most hotels in college towns outside of CA haven't heard of carbon footprints and set their AC at 58 degress.
3. PREPPY SHORTS with whales on them. People really wear these in other parts of the country.
4. A SPY CAMERA, because your son or daughter will be embarrassed if you try to take photos publically.
5. Hundreds of BB&B COUPONS. If you have a sister-in-law who lives in the suburbs, chances are she and all her friends have been hoarding these for years. Even if you have never used coupons in your life, you will feel so good about saving $2.18 on a bath towel that you won't mind losing your son or daughter.